It’s been three weeks since the marathon. Here’s a status update as to what’s new:
1. I don’t blog as often.
2. I am amazed at how long it’s taking me to get back to regular running shape.
3. I took my first group hot yoga class in months and it kicked my butt! (See: Roman Spzond’s class at Inner Strength in Watertown www.innerstrengthyoga.com Saturday mornings at 9 am)
4. I have consistently brought my lunch and canceled my daily Starbucks stop and I am amazed at how much extra cash I have. I also save on gas ( no running mid-day to get lunch) and save time in the morning because I don’t have to stop at Starbucks. I’m less stressed ( have you ever seen the lines at Starbucks in the morning? People are not happy!) plus the best thing is I’ve replaced my “go out to lunch” mid-day break with an afternoon run and it’s the best swap I’ve ever done.
5. I miss training for the marathon. I am the kind of person that enjoys having a goal to work towards.
So, some of the things I have in mind for the next month or so, before goal setting for 1/1/09:
1. Get my new website and blog combo up and running.
2. Get back into solid yoga shape
3. Start a regular savings routine using the money formerly used for Starbucks and lunch and move it to a savings account
4. Find a Thanksgiving day race to run ( 5 or 10K) since I will be staying in Boston.
That’s the update for now. I hope you found some thoughts here that might be helpful for you.
Have a great day.